A few weeks ago, we learned that we were selected to pitch at the Health 2.0 in Barcelona (Spain). This event is one of the biggest Health/IT conference in Europe and this years it focused on two big thematics: Patient 2.0 and Doctor 2.0. Vincent Keunen (CEO) and Philippe Lemmens (COO) took a trip to Spain to present our project and its perspectives in front of the most important e-health players from around the world.
A 4-minutes pitch on the main stage at "Doctor 2.0" special session", meetups with e-health players (mostly europeans, but also a few US based), a few tapas and lots of discoveries... this trip was filled with useful experiences.
We were luck to have a good social media coverage during our several pitches and interventions; confirming that our solution keeps interesting people around the world !
Pur key takeways from this trip:
- Patients' role is becoming more and more a focus
- Health 2.0 is a conference of a relatively modest size with high quality content
- We were able to meet several potential partners
- We also discussed with a few potential investors.
- Health2.0 is now part of HIMSS (we participated to the first HIMSS conference in Belgium a few weeks ago)
- The e-health sector is expanding very fast. Lots of new players on the market.
- The role of the doctor is evolving a lot thanks to new technologies.
- Patients are concerned about their options in healthcare, lots of them were attending the conference (Patients associations)