As a CHU-Liège patient, you can receive several documents from your health records directly on your Smartphone/Tablet. All you need to do to access those documents is to download Andaman7, a free mobile app.
Here what you need to do:
1. Download the Andaman7 app for free on your Smartphone/Tablet
2. Create a user account on the app by indicating your email address and a password. A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox and you will only have to click a button to validate your email address.
3. If you have an ID-card reader and your PIN code, you can request the documents by going through the following steps:
- Connect your ID-card reader to your computer
- Make sure the latest version of the eID software is installed on your computer
- Insert your ID-card in your card reader
- Go to the identification portal
- If the connection with the ID-card reader failed (even after several tries), go to the next step.
4. If you don't have an ID-card reader or if you are at one of the CHU sites (Sart-Tilman or Notre-Dame des Bruyères), you can present yourself to the archives departement with your ID card:
- Sart-Tilman : Avenue de l’hôpital, 1 à 4000 Liège route 351
- Notre-Dame des Bruyères : Rue de Gaillarmont, 600 à 4032 Chênée niveau -2
5. Once subscribed, you will receive an email notification (max. 2 days after your subscription) informing you that your documents are ready in the application.
6. To find your health documents sent by the CHU, go to "My records" in the main menu of the app.